Hey gang. I want to start up a new feature here at VKBMKL called The Great Readers Write. I get so tickled and moved by the stories and tidbits you guys comment with and send in, I thought it might be fun to occasionally post about a book that somebody else's kid loves.
That said, to be included, here are the requirements.
1) Write about a vintage book you or your family loves with the why, the how, the history, the whatever. You don't have to be a great writer, just a passionate one. It can be anywhere between 0 and 500 words long.
2) It can be a book that I have reviewed here before, however I would love it if you guys could dig deeper and show us something new! Can be any children's book for any age. Can be in-print or out-of-print, but the original pub date has to be at least 20 years old.
3) E-mail it to me at webe(at)soon(dot)com along with scans of a few pictures from the book and a scan of the cover. Or you can send a picture of your kid reading the book. Or the book on top of the Empire State Building. Whatever! You can send more pictures if you want, and if you don't have a scanner or a camera, no sweat too. I'll figure something out. No photo required.
4) Do include the name of the author and illustrator as well as the publisher's name and the original pub date.
5) Please include your name, or a fake name, and or a link to any blogs or Websites you might author.
Please keep in mind that I will more than likely edit your work on some level, and I may not use all entiries. I am not sure how often I will post these, probably depending on how many I get, but I will select my favorite entry and that lucky writer will win an awesome goody bag of vintage kids book stuff. If it works out, I hope to make this an ongoing feature!
That's about it. Have fun!